Alum Zooms: 5 Career Questions with Duke PhDs
On August 6, our guest is Elliott Hazen, PhD '08 (Marine Ecology), Research Ecologist at NOAA, the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration.
1. Could you tell us about your background?
2. How did you get your job at NOAA ?
3. What's a typical day like at NOAA (pre- and post-COVID)?
4. What can postdocs and students who would like to work in this field (or explore it further) do to prepare?
5. What is the employment outlook for this field, given the COVID crisis? (please note that the answer to this question may be "We don't know yet.")