Alum Zoom with Nick Rizzo, PhD
On September 21, our guest is Nick Rizzo, PhD '17 (Genetics & Genomics), Associate Manager of Strategic Feasibility at IQVIA Biotech (currently hiring 2 PhD-level positions on his team)! Nick will discuss his background, job searching in industry, roles in clinical research and opportunities for PhDs. IQVIA Biotech provides integrated clinical and commercial solutions designed to help smaller biotech companies move forward in their effort to get treatments to patients.
Grad Student Registration: https://candidate.gradleaders.com/DukeU/Candidates/Login.aspx?pid=4061&workshopID=102570 Postdoc Registration: https://duke.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bydCjpTvRNPbwNv
1. Could you tell us about your background?
2. How did you get your job?
3. What's a typical day like at your organization (pre- and post-COVID)?
4. What can postdocs and students who would like to work in this field (or explore it further) do to prepare?
5. What is the employment outlook for this field, given the COVID crisis? (please note that the answer to this question may be "We don't know yet.")