Alum Zoom with Jennifer Israel, PhD, Director of Genomics & Data Science at Kriya Therapeutics
As part of a series of short, focused career conversations with former Duke PhD students and postdocs, we'll feature Jennifer Israel, PhD (Genetics and Genomics, Duke University), Director of Genomics & Data Science at Kriya Therapeutics. Jennifer will share her pathway from Duke PhD student and UNC postdoc to leading an interdisciplinary team of molecular biologists and data scientists who use next-generation sequencing, bioinformatic analyses, data analytics & machine learning.
1. Can you tell us about your background?
2. How did you get your job?
3. What's a typical day like at your organization?
4. What can postdocs and students who would like to work in this field(or explore it further) do to prepare?
5. What is the employment outlook for this field?