Equitable Hiring Practices: Strategies for increasing the diversity in your unit and beginning to create a positive climate in which to bring new staff
This workshop engages with search practices, including search committees on equitable practices throughout the search process. Participants will be better equipped to proactively implement beneficial strategies pertaining to:
- Recruiting a diverse candidate pool
- Assessing positive and negative biases
- Developing a well-rounded shortlist, including appropriate screening questions
- Incorporating equitable evaluation measures
- Exploring best practices that are congruous with departmental and institutional priorities
The topics and techniques covered in this workshop are beneficial for those tasked with making recruitment and retention decisions.
Designed for staff and faculty learners.
Facilitated by Kimberly Hewitt, Vice President for Institutional Equity & Chief Diversity Officer; Sophia Brelvi, Director of Affirmative Action and Compliance Programs
October 27, 2021 | 2:00 PM (90 minutes) | Virtual Offering (250 Max Enrollment) | REGISTER
Please contact Tim McDermott if you have any questions or concerns.