Career Services Appointments for Engineering Master's Students
Cameo and Erin meet with students Monday to Thursday, and all career services are free and unlimited. If you'd like immediate attention, we host an afternoon Open Advising Studio in addition to the options listed below.
Use Duke CareerConnections "advising" to schedule a meeting. The three appointment types are described below:
ENGINEERING MASTER'S STUDENTS: 15-Minute Meeting
ENGINEERING MASTER'S STUDENTS: 30-Minute Meeting
We help when you aren't thriving in your career development or search. All topics related to the Seven Indicators for Search Success are possible, and these are some of the most common:
* introspection, learning about careers, understanding professional alignment
* how to get started, unstuck, or energized in your search
* feedback on your work: resume, cover letter, correspondence, professional introduction
* introduction to cover letter, interviewing, negotiation
* how to search strategically and build credibility
* feeling confident and managing your time well
* celebrating accepting a position
ENGINEERING MASTER'S STUDENTS: Interview Simulation (Requires Significant Preparation)
This service happens in Smith Warehouse, where many campus interviews occur. You'll select a specific opportunity to prepare for, complete and submit a thorough packet of preparation materials so that you will have polished your approach, and we will customize an interview. During the one-hour interview simulation, you'll get feedback on your performance.